Dr. Neil Farnsworth is native of New Orleans, and considers effective and affordable care to be his driving goal. He is Board Certified in Dermatology and his graduate and post graduate training have included:
- 1994-1998: College BA, Harvard University (Cambridge, MA)
- 1999 – 2001: Post-baccalaureate, University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2001-2006: Medical School MD, Post-sophomore fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX)
- 2006-2007: Internship – Internal Medicine, Tulane University Medical Center (New Orleans, LA)
- 2007-2008: Residency – Dermatology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (New Orleans, LA)
Dr. Farnsworth returned to New Orleans to serve the medical needs of his hometown through the first years after Hurricane Katrina. Helping in the widespread effort to re-establish the city’s medical system, working in water-damaged hospitals and a converted shopping mall, he considers that period to be the greatest privilege of his life so far. There, he became acutely aware of the lack of public education regarding dermatologic issues affecting skin of color, and performed a study to demonstate the efficacy of educating schoolchildren about the dangers of hair care-induced alopecia, for which he won the Louisiana Dermatology Society’s Peterkin Award.
After residency, Dr. Farnsworth took a few years to work in Houston under an amazing physician and dermatologic surgeon, Dr. Tri H. Nguyen, but the pull of New Orleans was too strong and he has returned to be with the family he loves and serve the most amazing community in the world.